Friday, January 29, 2010

8th Graders Serve at the Cathedral Soup Kitchen

Last Friday, I went to the Soup Kitchen in Downtown Indianapolis. To me, it was a kind of a time of reflection. When I was there, seeing all those people in need, I reminded myself of all the wonderful things and blessings I have and receive. I actually have done service hours at The Lord's Pantry before, too. I really enjoyed the chance to serve God and His people! I can't wait to go again!

Kristen N.
My experience of serving at the soup kitchen was life changing. I served at a similar place before...however, the memory is foggy. When I arrived at the soup kitchen I was surprised. It was so small. When I saw the people I had tears in my eyes. I wondered what these people's life stories were. They were loving, caring and kind people. Everything went well, except for a little incident with some people. It was a wonderful experience and I hope to go again soon.
(Sofia O.)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Please pray for a 17 year old girl in a coma!
-Sarah Jacobs

human about said...

Serving god not only a must, but also a need. Great blog, I added u in my link list, would u add me too. Thanx