Thursday, January 14, 2010

8th Graders Serve at the Cathedral Soup Kitchen

Wow! After hearing all my friends tell me about the soup kitchen, I thought I knew what to expect. I was wrong. I met so many kind people at the soup kitchen. We said a prayer thanking God for us. We sang a song of praise and thanking God for the day. We should thank God for the opportunity to serve. What an awesome experience. (Jamaica H.)

Going to the soup kitchen is something I won't forget. It was a good thing to experience because if we get even one person to decide to go to the soup kitchen even once a month it is one more than they did have! The people who came for food were really nice. They were grateful and respectful. They seemed to have more faith than most people with everything. (Ashley K.)

The soup kitchen was a very good experience. I saw what the economy was doing to the people. It was sad to see but I felt like I needed to see how bad this is hitting everyone. I'm glad I went to help. It made me see good by helping those people. They were all nice and respectful. I know that I want to go back and help. (Kristen S.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sister Nicolette,
The 8th graders understand the joy that comes from serving others. It's wonderful to hear about their experiences. Thanks for posting their reflections.
Linda