Thursday, July 2, 2009

Vocation Essay

How do priests, deacons, and religious brothers and sisters help us to hear God’s call in our life?

All these people help us in different ways, even if it just tiny little ways. Priests are willing to give up their time to come to church all the time to teach us more about the Lord. A lot of people wouldn’t be able to do that come every Sunday and be there every hour. Also, not to be able to get married or have children that must be difficult. Every priest I have met are so smart. They know how God’s life was as if they were there. They help pursue my goals and dreams in life because bringing me closer to God and having Him by my side makes me feel more secure. They also are there when I need to confess my sins which helps me a lot. I always know there is someone there for me to help me reach my call in life.

Deacons are there for me because they always know what is like at home because most of them are married with children so they know what is going on. I think that helps me talk to them. They are always there when you need advice. When I am ready to get married I would like to talk to someone. I do this because I like to hear others’ opinion on the situation. Since a lot of them are married I would like to talk to them since they know what it is like to be married. I wonder if they were unsure about life before they found God.

Sisters help me because they help me know what is right and what is wrong. When I think I am making a mistake they are there for me to talk to. And when I get older they are there kind of like a friend because they are there for me. When I am ready to get a job for good they will be there for me to help me decide if it is good for me. When I need to go to God for help I go to church and if there is a sister there I will ask them if there is a special prayer for me to pray. They know a lot of prayers. They tell me when I am doing something wrong. And congratulate me when I do something right. I love that about them. They make me feel so secure.

They all are a big help with me becoming closer to God. I hope that the older I get the closer to God I will become with the help of sisters, brothers, deacons, and priests. I hope one day I can be as successful and loving as they are. Maybe by learning as much as I can about them I will want to be one when I grow up. Even if I don’t I will always love and serve God.

Lucy M. 7th Grade

No comments: