Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sr. Mary Sylvester Will, OSB celebrates 80 years of Monastic Profession!


In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen. With gratitude to God who has called and sustained me in this life, I, Sr. Mary Sylvester Will, renew the promises made 80 years ago of stability in this monastery, fidelity to the monastic way of life, and obedience according to the Rule of St. Benedict and the norms of the Federation of St. Gertrude. I renew these promises before God and the saints, before Sr. Juliann Babcock, Prioress, and the Sisters of Our Lady of Grace Monastery. I rely on the grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit that this good work, begun in me, may continue to the day of Our Lord Jesus Christ to whom be glory and thanksgiving forever. Amen.

Sr. Mary Sylvester is 97 years old. She has lived...and continues to live...a life totally dedicated to God. She is a witness to all her sisters and the many students she has taught during her lifetime...including my mom and dad! Today we celebrate her Jubilee and give God thanks for her monastic vocation. We join Sr. Mary Sylvester in singing the Suscipe: Accept me O Lord, according to Your Word and I shall live; and let me not be confounded in my expectation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

St Mary Sylvester was my 1st grade teacher back in the 1970's, at St Jude school. I remember her with love.