Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Vocation Essay by Elliott M. 7th Grade

When I think of Priests, nuns, saints, and all of the leaders of the church I think of people who inspire others to become one of them. Holy people preach the way of the Lord to those who have not yet heard. All holy people have a good chance to get to heaven. Holy people are always helping others.

I don’t dream of becoming a holy priest but I can still live a holy life. With God anything is possible; like everyone going to heaven. But He gave us the choice. God is without a doubt the most important thing in the universe. He helps us, hears us, and loves us even when we do something unjust.

A vocation is a calling from God, but that doesn’t mean you have to be a priest. Priesthood does not really interest me but I look forward to loving and serving God’s people.

I always pray that there will be no war in the future. War is the main cause of everything bad and I feel that my vocation is to stop war. Nobody can help what they believe so nobody should care.

I think all holy people should be famous just like actors and comedians. Devout life is the best possible, but it is not for everybody. All holy people are truly good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister Nicolette,
Thank you for posting Elliott's essay. He has some great insights and writes with a high level of honesty which is touching to read.
Linda

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words written by a beautiful soul. I love reading all the students work. Mrs. B from Holy Name

Anonymous said...

Elliott, Your words are very touching and you are right...no matter what one's vocation, we are all called to live a holy life. You are a great example of peace and strength - thank you!