Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sing and play music in your hearts to the Lord, always giving thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Ephesians 5:19-20)


Can we ever give God enough thanks? My mom used to tell me...because her mom used to tell her...that God will not be out done in generosity. Just try to be more generous than God and see what happens! The older I get the more I understand these wise words from these very wise women in my life.

I have so much to be thankful for. God has blessed me abundantly with a wonderful family, a holy Benedictine Community, loving and supportive friends and the best ministry a person can have...teaching God's beautiful children about our rich Catholic faith. Thank you my sweet heavenly Father.

Soon my family will be traveling to Wyoming to be a part of my brother Paul's Ordination/Installation of Bishop for the Diocese of Wyoming. I cannot even begin to imagine what this life will be for Paul. But I'm thankful to God for his willingness to say "Yes" to the call. I'm thankful for the role model that Paul is in my life and the lives of so many other people.

Recently, I read a book...that I highly recommend...called, Called to be Holy. It was written by Archbishop Timothy Dolan. Reading the book deepened my desire to answer that call to holiness and to live it more honestly and vigilantly. I thank God for the gift of holiness and for the many people God has given us as role models of holiness. We never have to do it alone. Again I thank God.

During this day of thankfulness, take a few quiet moments with God and tell God thanks for the many gifts you are thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I thank God for each of you!

Lord, I thank you for your faithfulness and love!
(Today's Responsorial Response)

No comments: