Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sr. Heidi Marie Krack's Vocation Story

I was born in Michigan on October 31st. My family later moved to Chicago, while my father attended Optometry School. From there, we proceeded to Bloomington, Indiana, where I spent the major part of my childhood with my parents, my sister and my brother. Upon reflection, I can see how God had been planting the seeds, of a vocation to religious life, throughout my childhood. However, it was not until my junior year in high school, that I was consumed with the desire to serve God as a religious sister. This overwhelming need to answer “God’s call” led me to the Benedictine community at Our Lady of Grace Monastery.

At the time of my entrance, the primary ministry of the sisters was that of teaching. Therefore I followed in the footsteps of the many women, who had been teachers before me. My teaching ministry has provided me with a wealth of experience both in and out of the classroom.

Over the years, I have watched educational programs come and go, however, I am more concerned by the societal and familial changes, which profoundly affect our children today.

As I mark my 34 years in the teaching ministry, I am reminded of a favorite novel by James Hilton, Goodbye, Mr. Chips. Like Mr. Chips, I remember the hundreds of children who have graced my life over the years. I pray that with God’s help, I have given them the spiritual and academic foundation they need, so that in everything they do “God may be glorified.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are ya single

Anonymous said...

SEXYYYYYYY