What does it mean to glorify God in all things? Is it possible to give God glory in every breath I take? I entered Our Lady of Grace Monastery on July 31, 1986. Glorifying God has been an ongoing process for me. As I grow older and hopefully, a little more spiritually mature, I find I depend on God more and more and glorifying God is as natural...as every breath I take.
I Glorify God When:
- I wake up in the morning and I remember to say good morning to God before my feet even hit the ground.
- I respect the early morning silence at the Monastery and share a warm smile with my sisters.
- When I sit in my room with Scripture and listen to God's word through the practice of Lectio Divina.
- I take a walk in our grove and see the beautiful nature God created all around me.
- I welcome my middle school students as they walk into my classroom ready to learn more about their Catholic heritage and the love God has for each of them.
- I realize how blessed I am to work with so many of God's beautiful children both young and old.
- I walk the journey with women who are discerning their call to our Benedictine Community.
- I extend hospitality to everyone I meet.
- I spend time with others who are on the journey up the mountain to God.
- A fresh blanket of snow covers our grounds.
- I have the opportunity to spend time near the ocean.
- I spend time with the Etienne Family.
- I join my Sisters for the Divine Office and Liturgy.
- I have joy and happiness in my heart.
- I have sorrow and pain in my heart.
- I have the opportunity to pray during Adoration.
- I walk into our dining room and see the delicious food that has been prepared for my community.
- I think of all the men and women who work hard to keep our Monastery, nursing home and retreat center running smoothly.
- I receive an unexpected...or expected gift or letter in the mail from a loved one.
- See the sparkle of God's love in one of my sisters' eyes.
- My sisters gather together to make decisions that will make us holier Benedictine Women.
- I have the discipline to live a life worthy of my calling.
- I walk by faith.
I'm on the journey. Sometimes, I run, sometimes I walk while other times I fall. I count on those around me to encourage me and to continuously point the way towards the heart of God. In making a conscious effort to love God and serve God's people I can say I am living the Rule of St. Benedict and glorifying God in all things.