Sunday, June 20, 2010

"But who do you say that I am?"

In today's Gospel Jesus asks His disciples two questions.
1. Who do the crowds say that I am?
2. But who do you say that I am?


Peter answers the second question, "The Christ of God."

I took time this morning to reflect on the second question. If Jesus appeared to me today and said, "Nicolette, who do you say that I am?" I would probably use the following words to describe who Jesus is to me...though I'll never quite be able to put into words just how amazing Jesus is in my life. I'm sure as the day goes on I'll think of even more words.

Feel free to leave your list on the comment section! You'll find it is very difficult to answer this question with words. It's a great way to start the day!

  • First and foremost Jesus is LOVE
  • My heart's desire
  • Teacher
  • Savior
  • Compassionate
  • Friend
  • King of Kings
  • Magnificent
  • Forgiver
  • Merciful
  • The Good Shepherd
  • Prince of Peace
  • Obedient
  • Son of God
  • Everlasting
  • Christ
  • Deliverer
  • Understanding
  • Kind
  • Patient
  • Word made Flesh
  • Companion
  • Our Salvation
  • The Way
  • The Truth
  • Our Life
Jesus, you are the one I love...you are the one I want to follow always!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister Nicolette,
I am sure that I will think of other words to describe my Jesus. Here is my preliminary list: Jesus is: life, love, peace, comfort, light, my savior, patience, and hope.
It will be fun searching for other words as I give more thought to the question.
Linda