Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sr. Carol Falkner's Favorite Quote from the Rule of St. Benedict

"Your way of acting should be different from the world's way; the love of Christ must come before all else." (RB 4:20)

Christ challenged us to love one another. St. Benedict knew that relationships built on love would also bear the marks of our Christian life. This quote reminds me that as a person who professes to follow Christ my words and actions must be different from the world's way and be ones of patience, kindness, respect and love for others. It makes no difference who I encounter in a day, that person deserves my respect and love. If, for some reason, I am not treated with respect in return I am still responsible for my behavior. I must choose to be loving, I must share the love of Christ with that person. I pray that I might always remember that such love comes before all else.

No comments: