Saturday, July 19, 2008

A reflection by Sr. Kathleen Yeadon, OSB

Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved in whom I delight...


These words from Isaiah can renew us in  God's love.  We have been chosen to seek God in this monastic life.  Our daily Lectio, our common prayer and Liturgy and our special events of the summer are times to hear the words from God:  You are my beloved in whom I delight.  We can let the words and their meaning wash over us.  We don't have to tell God why it isn't true because God will never stop seeing us as beloved.

One of the lines from one of the books I read this summer, The Shack by William P. Young, says, learning to live loved.  I have taken many years to believe it, but this summer, I knew it and only have to practice that belief.

A bruised reed God will not break, a smoldering wick, God will not quench...And in God's name, the Sisters will hope.

No comments: